Wednesday, April 25, 2018

If only I had time...

Today, I heard someone say this, and all I could shout in my head is that we all have the same number of seconds, minutes, and hours every day. We make time for what and who is important to us. Some are givers. Others are takers. Which one are you?

I know that I am a giver, and have guilt for taking. The guilt was because I always find myself in service of others, and think that taking time for myself is selfish. This couldn't be further from the truth. I realized, and learned from others along my journey of life, that it is good to take care of myself. When I am well, I am better able to give to others. 

Recently I find that I want to live a more purpose filled life, because death comes to us all. I want my friends to sit at my funeral laughing about how I would be rolling my eyes if there is a casket instead of an urn. I want my friends to laugh through their tears, and count themselves lucky that we have snarky things that only we would understand. I don't think they are going to sit there and say, "Oh, she was just a (fill in the title) at work. And she was late turning in her finance numbers." This is crap. I have so much more to do, give, and live for on this planet. My list is long, and there are more milestones that I want to see my kids achieve. Yes, all three kids.

Time is definitely what you decide. How will you spend your time? Will you make meaning today, tomorrow, and until you are done on this earth?

Item #4293: Cough into your elbow. Smile at a stranger. Hell, smile at people you know. You never know when small acts of kindness will make a difference. 

I love your guts! XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment