Monday, September 10, 2012

Am I just one donut away from sane?

For some reason I am obsessing over donuts and not listening to my doctor's advice. Lately all I can think about is having a donut. I know I shouldn't eat processed foods and if I do, I should minimize the intake. One glorious donut won't hurt, right? Well, it will just lead down the sugar trail to eat more. 

DING! I know why I want donuts. Brett is going through a spell of broken skin due to eating items off his special diet. We promised him that if he does well and his skin heals up that we would treat him to ONE donut as a reward. Bless his heart. He has been trying so hard to do well and not scratch the irritated skin or eat the wrong items. I have been trying to eat more like him - no carbs (ok, maybe a few corn chips) and lots of fruit and veggies. My problem is consistency. I have a lot of changes going on at work now that has screwed up any chance for a consistent work out. However, this is going to change. I will be blocking off time on my calendar to get my personal time squeezed in - even if I have to wear the same headband all the time because I don't have time to do my hair. Ha!

Ok, I think I have talked myself out of a donut...for now. Next time you see me, ask me if I have had a donut. Let's hope I say it's been quite a while. On a positive note, I won the Week 1 match ups in both the fantasy football leagues I'm playing in this season.

I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment