Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Madison is turning 5 on Friday

This little bundle of joy has been the light of our lives. This girl was a complete surprise from the heavens. HE knew we needed her here with us and boy oh boy has she made quite the impression. I remember when I saw her pudgy little face, just minutes old, that she would be as independent and stubborn as me. She had to stay in the hospital a little longer than the boys and put up with listening to her mom yell at the football players from Saturday to Monday night. Luckily most of my teams won...I think. Who cared - she was here and I had to learn how to take care of a little girl. Heck, I should know a lot, I was a little girl once.

On 9-11, she started her first day at pre-K at Palm Valley Lutheran Day School. She is in a class of 10 kids and it is obvious that she is the oldest and the leader (in a good way - she gives a lot of direction). The morning of her first day at her new school, I was watching some of the documentaries remembering that terrible day in our recent history. She asked me why someone would want to blow up a building. I told her that I did not know. She promptly reminded me, "In our house we don't say 'I don't know' because that is not an answer." Wow. I proceeded to tell her that there were a few people that wanted to hurt a lot of people and this is what they did to make it happen. She asked me why she did not remember this event and I told her because she was not born yet. I told her that Lorenzo was the same age as Brett when this happened. (then I was struck about what happened next) She burst out into laughter and very seriously told me, "Uh, Lorenzo was never that small. He has ALWAYS been very tall and at least a teenager. Brett is not tall. Brett is NOT a teenager." She glared at me in a very serious way waiting for me to respond. All I could muster was a smile and laughter. I hugged her and told her it was time to go to school. After that she stopped by the front door for her picture to be taken. As you can see, she cannot be still very often and is constantly moving, talking, singing and jumping. 

This Friday, she turns 5 years old and I am taking her to get her ears pierced. She has asked for the last few years and I am finally saying yes. She will get her wish granted. Miss Madison, we love you!

I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment