Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Finish line


Today I can see the finish line. I have 2 more radiation treatments and I can get my life back to normal. No, I am not focused on the follow up appointments with multiple doctors in the next few weeks/months. I am just excited to celebrate the end of this phase. 6-1/2 weeks went by pretty fast. 


I knew this last week of treatment would be stellar, but I had no idea how great it would be. I had the opportunity to grab lunch with a friend who was here for the week from Singapore. Seeing Lena was fantastic! Catching up made the hour fly by so fast. Love you girl and safe travels going back to see your boys :)


More cool stuff this week: This Friday my Breville juicer will arrive, according to UPS. How exciting! Yes, I am excited about a juicer. Saturday morning, my cousin Stephanie will be here from California and we have breakfast planned, so mimosas are a must for our menu. Sunday we are attending a family event celebrating my grandfather's 90th birthday, hosted by my dad and his brother and sisters. I expect to be napping by Sunday afternoon. 


Bottom line, I am a winner. Yes, I said it and you read it here first. I am not the kind of person to boast about accomplishments but this one will be one of them. This experience does not define me and my life going forward. I look at this event in my life as a blip and a reminder of how I need to slow down and give more appreciation for all the small things. 


Item #812: Age is linear. Life is a roller coaster. You have the power to choose to ride the coaster or sit on the park bench and watch it go around. I choose to sit in the front seat and ride.


I love your guts!


NOTE: Just because I am finished with treatments does not mean I will stop writing. So many of you have encouraged me to keep going. If you want to get updates, I recommend subscribing to follow my blog. This will send you emails to let you know that I made an entry to the blog and you do not have to constantly check the site for updates.

1 comment:

  1. You are my inspiration. I could not have accomplished this without you. You will be on my mind and in my heart at graduation tonight. I love your guts!

    ReplyDelete