Friday, May 4, 2012

Tribute

Beastie Boys

The sound of my generation was grounded with music from the Beastie Boys. Adam "MCA" Yach (seen on the right) passed away today from the effects of glandular cancer. Click the link in the previous mention and learn more. Let it be known that "Adrock" was my favorite (middle). These guys were amazing! They are my generation's equivalent to the the Beatles or Eagles. 


Connection

My parents supported our love of music. We were exposed to everything under the sun and sometimes it boggles the mind the music trivia I have stored. They took me and my brother, plus one friend each, to the Beastie Boys concert in Houston when we were teenagers. This was a trip of a lifetime. Not only did we get great seats. We screamed and sang to all the songs. The icing on the cake was that we stayed in the same hotel as the Beastie Boys. What a memory we will never forget. Thanks Mom and Dad! Torey and Dani had a great time, too :) Side note: this was not the first time we saw them. We saw them at the Austin concert, as well.


Item #054: Be positive. When you interact with others, take time to give positive energy. You get what you give. If you have an idea or thought that sounds quirky or odd, you may be doing groundbreaking stuff. Give that idea life and be positive. 


Free Tibet


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment