Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One thousand, eight hundred and twenty-six

This number is significant because this is the number of days I will take the drug Tamoxifen. Earlier in my blog I shared with you that this is the cornerstone of my treatment plan. Oh, please do not Google the side effects. You can tune in here to read all about them from my experience. I also take an 81mg aspirin to mitigate the development of clots. Yes, that is a bit scary but moving and lots of liquids is key.


Day one was on Tuesday, May 22. I was dizzy. My balance was not good in the evening. I slept great.


Today is day two. I took time to really notice how I was feeling throughout the day. The morning was fine until a lady forgot that the red and white sign that reads "Yield" was for her. She came within inches of ruining my car and my day. No incident - we just exchanged gestures. I am very sure she knew what mine meant. Arriving at work, I took advantage of the handicap spot and briskly walked in to start my day. After hosting a 2 hour meeting, I took a 30 minute walk around the building. Yes, I was inside. I needed to get the blood going because I was about to sit in another hour long meeting. I look forward to being home because I can work in a t-shirt, shorts and no shoes.


Tomorrow is day three and the number is 1,824. I will enjoy the rest of my afternoon with family time with Jeff and the kids. Then I host another meeting this evening at 9:30pm for our team members in Asia. I plan to be asleep by 11. Not bad for bumpy start to the next phase of treatment. 

To my Aunt Vicki: I thought by now I would be at the summit, but getting there takes a long time. Hang in there and stay on the journey with me - it will be fun :)



I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment