Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chatting about reality

This morning I met an old friend to connect. She and I go way back at work and share the latest news - professionally and personally. I was reminded of how important it is for me to be more transparent about what is going on with me because I got a poke about not updating this blog as often as I should. Yes, it has been a week since my last post, so here is the 4-1-1.

Truth

I am feeling good. Fact. Not all the time. Fact. I have more good than bad days. Fact. OK, enough with the fact, but I was thinking about Dwight from The Office and it made me laugh, so I had to incorporate it into my message to set some context.

A couple of weeks ago, large cysts were discovered on my ovaries. I am not in any pain and pray that my follow up appointment shows they have disappeared or that action needs to take place to resolve the issue. Most importantly, identify what can be done to make sure they do not come back again. In the mean time, I see my oncologist in a few weeks and will have an in-depth conversation with her to get assurance that this isn't something I should be concerned about. In other words - that this is not cancer.

When I was sick with the flu, I called my oncologist to make her aware and find out if I should be "concerned." Yes, every time I get sick, feel achy or just not OK, I may over-react. I would rather know nothing is going on rather than something. Again, I have too many things to get done to have cancer stand in my way. Move it, cancer! Busy lady with a full life coming through. 

Exercise

I am mixing up my exercise routine. I am attending water aerobic classes at the Clay Madsen center. Yes, most of the attendees are over 60, but there are a few of us that are not quite there in the class. I like it because it's different and not so hard on my joints and I don't sweat. As long as I'm moving to make up for all the sitting behind the keyboard, I will be happy. Funny how a rush of endorphin makes you feel great. Try it, you might like it.

I am blessed. I am strong. I am healthy. I am busy. No time to stop, there is too much that I still want to do. Plus, Brazil is 7 months away and I'm scouting out hotels. Rio better get ready because here I come!

I love your guts!

1 comment:

  1. Clay Maddsen was my gym a few years ago. Great facility!

    ReplyDelete