Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Finding my zen

The Clay Madsen center has closed off the pool and locker rooms because of some maintenance issue, so I figured I would take yoga classes on Mondays and Wednesdays until it is fixed. Monday, I went to the Hatha class and was glad I could make the 5pm class. When I arrived at the yoga room, I realized that I forgot my mat and had to use an extra mat from their mat basket. Good thing there is alcohol to wipe it down, otherwise, I would have passed on the session. Yes, I'm a bit phobic about sharing stuff like that - you know me :)


As class began, I felt calm and was in the moment. This place is great because as we moved from pose to pose, I was able to focus on my breathing and let tension go. Our days get so busy going from one activity and commitment to another that we often forget that we need to stop and enjoy watching leaves sway in the wind. Really listen to the sounds around us and just be in the moment. 


When I feel out of my relaxed spot, I remind myself to breathe in, breathe out and move on. I cannot stay in the moment of negativity because my energy is needed elsewhere. Remember, we are all on a journey and there is no right way to get to the destination. 


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment