Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Embrace the rain

We got some rain this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. Jeff and I went to IKEA to look at couches and futons for the game room. When we were leaving it was pouring down rain. So many people were waiting for the rain to stop so they could go to their car. Jeff asked me if I wanted to wait. My response was, "...no way. I endured radiation, what is a little water?" We parked in the new parking garage and walked from one structure to another without incident...except a little water. As we drove out of the garage, I saw people still sitting and waiting for the rain to stop. What for? Just get wet - it's temporary and soon you will be dry.


I am doing well and getting back into the groove at work. Lots to keep me busy. Feeling better every day. We are  looking forward to a quick trip to the beach with the kids at the end of the month. Nothing like putting your feet in the sand and listening to the kids play in the water.


Today I live with gratitude. I listened to the fast footsteps of the high-energy squirrel on my rooftop before I got out of bed. I am convinced that he's warming up to run a 5K. I enjoyed feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin walking from my car to the office. When we take care of ourselves, we have the opportunity to do for others.


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment