Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Elevated blood sugar, really?

Good grief. What did I eat that made my glucose level shoot to 160 at 10:30 am on Monday? Oh yeah, I had rice squares and milk for breakfast, instead of a protein and carb. Milk = very bad. We do not drink milk in our home but on a rare occasion, we have 1/2 gallon. If we are lucky, we get through it by the expiration date. I had been on a cereal fast for the better part of the year, but I missed my plain rice cereal, Cheerios and flakes (non-sugar coated). 

I am doing my best to keep disease at bay and diabetes is one I do not want to contend with now. However, I will do it and be maniacal about it too. I exercise very regularly. We eat as organic as possible. And my vice is tea (unsweetened and cold). Plus, I drink a good volume of water. Ask those who see me regularly - tea and water. No carbonation for me, thank you.

<sigh>


Lord, I hear you. I am thankful for my oncologist sharing my lab work with my primary care physician and for their diligence to contact me. I will go see her to get my glucose checked next week and pray that it comes back normal. I will do what I can to pass this test. The excessive blood glucose image makes me think of having a dusty home. I guess my insides are a bit dusty. Time to get the Swiffer out and clean. Let's do this!

I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment