Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday or moody-day?

Adjustments

We all contribute in a positive way to the world. Some of us just don't see it as clear as others. Take a moment to adjust the way we look at today. Monday. This word makes most people cringe. Think about those that are looking forward to this day of the week. It means so many positive things to many. Here is my list: the first day of school, the first day at a job, the first day of retirement, a birthday, the landing of space vehicle on another planet, the day you get your braces off, the last day of your old job, the last work day before you go on a vacation - even if you are staying home, and another day you get to try to be a better you.

I am slow to change my habits and admit that I would like to stay in my comfort zone. Over time, I learned that staying in my "zone" prevents me from reaching my potential. I realize how much I would never have accomplished or experienced if I was constantly in my "zone". 

Challenge

Today, I challenge you to find one thing you could do different and make a small change. Here is an example to get you started: Instead of drinking a carbonated beverage, have a glass of water or some tea. Try it once a day for a week and see if you feel any different. This is a healthy change that could make a huge difference. OK...here is another non-food related. Make a mantra. Mine recently has been, "let it go". I cannot take anything with me but the data between my ears and the recordings my eyes have captured. You don't have to tell anyone and it can change over time. 

Nope, I am not Oprah or Deepak, Ghandi or the Pope. My words are not new (they are American-English --- HA!). I just have some perspective based on my less than 40 years of experience. Have a great week and I promise to be more diligent about posting. 

I love your guts!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed day w/you guys yesterday. Our entire family is quoting Sir Brett today about "The trip back to San Diego" move! Give Zoe thanks for helping us deal w/Amanda today. Luv ya, TM

    ReplyDelete