Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I love fresh peppers

This morning I made one of my go-to breakfast plates - a couple of eggs and heated up a tortilla and tossed a fresh green pepper on my plate. I make sure to eat a few fresh peppers a week because the grower I buy from has great, organic veggies. While I was eating, I noticed the heat was more intense after a couple of bites. I realized that the seeds were packed in the pepper closer to the bottom, so I opened it up and pulled out most of the seeds. I did not pay too much attention that I had some of the residual oils on my fingertips and removed a piece of tortilla from my mouth and my lips felt like they were on FIRE. Oh boy...this was intense. After running back and forth to the freezer and getting a cool cloth to sooth the fire, I was fine. I proceeded to finish my breakfast. Despite the fire, I was fueled for the day. 

Before returning to work (home office), I put in a load of laundry...because I am so efficient. Ha! Just as I was finished pushing buttons (programming) my washer, a piece of lint flew across my face and landed near my eye. Like any normal reaction, I removed the lint and my fingertips brushed against the corner of my eye. Again, I had the pepper oils on my fingers. DOH! I felt like someone pepper sprayed me in one eye. Goodness. Could I be more of a clutz? Well, yes is the answer. Going around the corner from the laundry room to the bathroom, I hit the wall with my shoulder and could not turn on the light. Good news is that I was able to make cold water come out of the sink so I could first wash my hands and then rinse my eyeball that was on FIRE. If these events are any indication of how my day will go, perhaps I should stay put and wrap myself in pillows or just go back to bed.

Please Lord, make the rest of my day better.

I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment