Thursday, September 26, 2013

I am feeling stronger

I was able to walk with my team at work to help raise funds and awareness about children's childhood cancer. My belly is still a bit swollen but in due time, my body will finish healing on the inside. 

Walking 30 minutes a day goes by fast. Try it some time, you will feel great.

Working from home affords me to eat whole foods, fresh foods and I know exactly what I am consuming. I cannot stress how important that is for me and my health. I am still thinking about those meatless tacos I had with my awesome friend. Tonight is soccer practice for both kids and I'm splitting parent duty with another mother. Her son and Brett are playing on the same team this season and our girls have played together for three seasons now. Activities like this make me feel normal and back to my old self. I am blessed to have this experience and do not overlook how simple or cumbersome this may be for others. They do not know how so many people would give up almost everything they have to be in their shoes. 

#986: Remember today that you are luckier than others around you. Stop and take in the world around you. Enjoy. 


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment