Monday, February 13, 2012

Busy Monday

Today was non-stop busy. I woke up early and logged in to check my mail before leaving the house. I had a few top priorities to finish at work and felt like I was herding cats, but got the job done. Glad I took a break to grab lunch - thanks!


When I made it home - dinner was simple. Brett was quick to announce that he finished all of his homework and that he wanted to go to the Valentine dance at school this evening. I knew my evening was cut out for me. He was on his BEST behavior and held my hand and said, "...come on Mom, let's go." When we go to the school, he was quick to tell me the rules of crossing the street. The music was loud and the screams of the kids echoed as the doors opened and closed. I knew I was in for a treat :) When we got in there, the dance (gym) floor was packed with kids. I asked him if he wanted me to get out there with him. He said no, go stand over there with the other parents. So, I was a wall flower. It was cute to watch him find his friends and see girls find him. He ran, danced, laughed and handed out a lot of high fives. I wanted to take his picture, but he wasn't having it and ran all over the place. Finally when he go thirsty, he came over and took me to the refreshment tables. We got lemonade and he offered me a cookie. I told him I was fine with the drink. No photos were taken at the dance. 


However, when we got home, he was still running around and playing before it was time to go to bed and I snapped this picture. My mom bought him the cowboy hat and yes, it makes him look like George (Strait). Yes, he knows George.


This long day passed by faster than I thought it would. Thanks to all that kept me busy and taking time for the small stuff :)


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment