Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weekend activities

Today was great and the rain made it an adventure. This morning we were all up, dressed and ready to go to Brett's basketball game before 8 a.m. I am not sure what happened, but there was little to no fussing when the kids were told to get dressed. Brett had a good game, but was playing defense like he was in a rugby match or football game. He would wrap up on the guy with the ball. Eventually he improved, but really wanted to win. 


After the game, we ate breakfast with my dad. The kids chose pancakes instead of breakfast tacos. Not a peep from them until the last bite. I am convinced they are both going through a growth spurt. Especially Madison. She is the picky eater. I am sure she is going to love tapas because she just samples food.


Following lunch, we dropped the boys at the house and ran a few errands: Academy to get Madison soccer socks and a ball; Target to get some household items; and Natural Grocer to buy eggs (yes, free range and veg fed), tea and order a case of our favorite oolong tea shots. In between stops, the rain got us good. We didn't get too wet, but I think Madison enjoyed Jeff carrying her from the car to the store :)


This evening was quiet. The kids played. Laundry was washed, dried and some of it even got put away. The big plus is that most of our taxes are sorted and ready to be delivered to the CPA this week. HORRAY! The one thing that surprised me is that shortly after 9 tonight, Brett said he was ready to go to bed. Madison was quick to follow. Looks like I will have time to pick up Hunger Games and continue reading.


Tomorrow, I have an early start. I will be running the 5K tomorrow in the Austin marathon. It is the 5K Break-a-leg race. I thought I could do the half this year, but I can try for it next year. 


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment