Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thank you Nikola Tesla and Siemens

Nikola Telsla developed the unit measuring the magnetic field (SI) and engineers from Siemens developed the MRI machine to see inside the human body. Yes, I know Siemens is not the only company that builds these machines, but this is the one used on me.

Yesterday morning, Friday, Feb 3, I had an MRI procedure to take a closer look at my chest. The process was painless but took a long time. The machine made loud noises and I had to be perfectly still. Before we started, I closed my eyes and prayed. I thought of the lavender fields in Fredericksburg we visited last summer with the kids. 

I think I dozed off for a few minutes. I opened my eyes and heard the voice of the tech telling me we had 5 more minutes.

When the process was over, I asked about results. The tech said I have to contact my doctor. Ok, so this is probably procedure, and makes waiting until Tuesday afternoon a bear.  Luckily there is much to do this weekend at home and Monday at work.

Today has been full: I got my hair cut this morning (thank you, Kelli!) We went to watch Brett play basketball. After the game, we went to lunch with my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday :)

I feel good and in good spirits. I went for a run yesterday afternoon which made me feel great afterwards. Missed training this morning with my team at the trail, but will resume on a one-on-one work out with our coach on Monday.

I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment