Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New information...


This afternoon I met with my oncologist, Dr. Hellerstedt. We reviewed my test results and had more positive results. The MRI came back with no indication of other affected areas. This news combined with negative genetic test and estrogen positive receptors made for a good appointment. 


We reviewed the options I have and my decision is to go with a lumpectomy. This is a procedure where the surgeon will remove the mass and a bit of the surrounding area. After the procedure, I will follow up with Dr. Hellerstedt to determine the type of radiation necessary to treat the area. 




I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me. There are not enough words to express how grateful I am for all the love. I feel like our collective prayers have been heard. I will continue to fight every day!


I love your guts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment