Thursday, February 2, 2012

I have some results

DISCLAIMER: The new language I am learning is for my treatment. The experience is like learning Dell-speak or any corporation that is full of acronyms. I will try to keep the language used on this blog to plain terminology. 


There are many tests that need to happen after cancer has been confirmed, usually from a biopsy.

From the biopsy, they learn about the cells and what is happening and learn more about your blood and what is going on inside of you.

I got more news today from the biopsy that identifies the type of estrogen and progesterone receptors I carry. These both tested positive.

Another piece of news I got was from the genetic testing. The BRCA test identifies whether I have a genetic mutation that caused the cancer or if my cancer developed spontaneously. My test results were negative.

 I am not quite sure what these results mean yet, but I was told by survivors that this is very encouraging!


Next steps...


My oncologist has these results and will use this information, along with the results from my MRI tomorrow to help develop a plan of action. This appointment with the oncologist is Tuesday afternoon, February 7.

I learned that having a care calendar would be a great way to identify ways you can help. As I get more information about what this would look like or where you can go to sign up, I will post the information.


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment