Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Save the date (I can't say that without laughing)

I went to my appointment with no expectation of how long it would be for a date to be chosen for the procedure. My surgeon is going on vacation next Friday for a week, so I declined the Thursday opening. My procedure will be on Monday, March 5 at Seton hospital on 38th Street in Austin. As the coordinator was making phone calls with the hospital arranging a room and all necessary pre-op items, all I could think of is being at a travel agent's office. If you didn't know what she was doing, you would think she was booking a trip and had a bit of difficulty coordinating a flight and rental car. All I could do is chuckle while she was back and forth.


The bus is full of love
The date is set. The bus is full (of medical staff and my support system). And the clock is ticking. I have so many things on my "to-do" list before that Monday. Most of it surrounds getting a good plan in place for the projects I have going on at work and the kids and their activities. Which brings me to my first request. 
Next Thursday, February 23, I have conflicting activities for the kids. Brett has basketball practice at 6pm (for an hour) and Madison has soccer practice @ 5:45pm (for 45 minutes). They are both in the same part of town off Gattis School Road and Red Bud Trail. Plus, I have to pick up Lorenzo after school lets out @ 7:20pm at ACC down the street from our house. Would someone like to play rock paper scissors or draw a number to see who they can shuttle for me? Jeff will be in class during this time and doesn't get home until 10pm. Oh yeah, and does someone want to come cook dinner or heat something up for us so we don't have to eat sandwiches or cereal? Even though "fend for yourself" night is Brett's favorite. On those nights Madison will eat a piece of cheese and be satisfied, while I scramble an egg and make breakfast for dinner. 


So if my math is right, I need someone at the house to help with dinner and to pick up Lorenzo (which takes 5 minutes round trip) along with someone else to help with Brett or Madison.  While I am on a roll, would anyone be available to come over and hang out with the kids while Jeff and I go to a birthday celebration for a friend of mine, on Saturday evening, February 25? We are going downtown Austin to have drinks and dinner at Cedar Street and Sullivan's


You can either leave a comment if you are able to help or email or call me. Thanks!


I love your guts!

3 comments:

  1. Randy and I can help out on the 23rd. I will take Madison to soccer practice and Randy can take Brett to basketball practice. Leave me your house key and I will set up a crock pot with pinto beans and sausage so you guys will be set up for dinner. I think I can grab Lorenzo after Madison's practice. Let us know the addresses and if we will pick the kids up from your mom's house or what.

    Love you girl,
    Joyce and Randy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce and Randy!

      My aunts are helping out on the 23rd. However, could I cash in the request for the following Thursday, March, 1st? It won't be as crazy, but would love to either have you come hang out at the house with Brett while I take Madison to soccer. Then hang out with us until 7:20 to go pick up Lorenzo at school. This would be a HUGE help. We could coordinate a menu as the date get closer.

      Thank you so much - I love your guts!!!

      Delete
  2. Ok, we are all yours on March 1st. We will come over and hang with Brett, fix dinner and pick up Lorenzo.

    Love YOUR Guts too!!!
    Muahh!!!!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete