Monday, February 27, 2012

Meaning behind the title

A couple of people have asked me about the meaning of the title I chose for the blog, so here it is...


I look at this time in my life as temporary. I will make it through this valley to the peak of the mountain. I will rise to the occasion that He has put before me.  While this might be a little too deep for most, it is the lens I use for this event in my life. 


I am strong bodied, because I know I can physically run, jump, skip and swim when the moment hits me. For example, yesterday afternoon, we went to Target to get some items for the week. While going down the detergent aisle, Brett began hopping in front of the basket. So, as I pushed the basked, I began to hop too. I embrace the moment and knew this is what it will be like again for me when I make it to the summit. We hopped for a couple of aisles and this little bit of silliness made me very happy. 


I am strong minded because I am stubborn and want it my way, most of the time. When push comes to shove, I can do this because as many of you know, I went back to school over 6 years ago. I worked full time and had 2 babies. At the end of the journey, I had an Associates degree in Behavioral Science and Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. Our family grew from 3 to 5 in a matter of a few years. So, if I can do all that in a small window, my will is strong and can get me through this event.


Bring on the rain!
So, in summary, the summit is where I aspire to stand. There is no rainbow without a little rain. I say bring on the rain so I can see the rainbow. This is a reflection of my strong faith. I know He loves me and will carry me through to the summit.


I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment