Monday, February 6, 2012

Trying to stay busy

Today I am in the office. I figured a change of scenery would help today pass by quickly. My to-do list is long and my planning document is at the top of my list.  There are a few other things that I have to do but they aren't as fun as doing strategy and planning.


I look forward to this afternoon when I get to go to the trail to run/work out with Andy (pronounced Ahn-Dee). She's great and pushes me to go further. I like it because sometimes I get lazy and a 3 mile day would be fine for me. I feel tremendous afterwards and right now I need it more than ever.


Tomorrow I have 2 appointments. I meet with a plastic surgeon to consult on what his role would be in this journey. If I like him, then he will be part of team "Just fix it!" or he will be thanked and we will move on with another recommendation. Yes, I just made up that team name. It is weird that I have a team of doctors. Their role is to make sure I can get back to my life...I still have a lot of things on my to-do list. My second appointment is the big one - I meet with Dr. Hellerstedt, my oncologist. She will review my lab results and MRI to help stage the cancer and recommend options for treatment. Jeff is going with me to both appointments. 


This is a temporary situation and I know I will make it through. I have a legion of family and friends to support me and angels guiding me, so I am positioned to win this fight. See, even Captain America is on my side. 

I love your guts!

1 comment:

  1. Nikki.....I know I'm not a doctor, but count me in!!! I'll be on your team all the way!!

    Love you Girl!!

    OK..........you know I Love "your" Captain America!!

    ReplyDelete